lördag 14 mars 2009

Going home

What happened?? All of a sudden the days just started flying by and the next second, I'm packing my bag to go home again! I definitely didn't sleep away my time, we just realised that within the last 60 hours we've slept 8 hours in total... It was a long day today, starting last night with really really good aurora! Unfortunately it wasn't our radar run, but we were up in the science building anyway and got some great data! I was determined not to go to sleep until the camera boxes had been shipped off to Tromso and Stockholm again with FedEx today, but it was a bit trickier than I thought (I don't think I've ever filled in so many forms in my life!) so that's why we didn't get some rest until 5 o'clock this afternoon! At one point during the form signing, Tobbe just decided a corner in the FedEx office was a good enough place to take a nap, which was fair enough, since I didn't manage very well to stay awake in the car when spending hours trying to find the place. Oh well, now we have 4 hours of sleep before heading to the airport, I think we will both be snoring our way over the Atlantic tomorrow.

So, as a last note from my stay in Alaska, I'm putting out a photo from the Dalton Highway (the road up to Toolik) showing the true Alaskan nature, and another one of the aurora we saw last night... It was really pretty! I'm going to miss gazing out for aurora every night, but I'm really looking forward to getting to sleep during the nights again. And I hope I'll be back in Fairbanks soon again!





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar